Buying or Selling a Business?
Whether you are considering buying a business to become an independent business owner, as an investment, or to expand your current company with more services and clientele, we can help you succeed in your due diligence by calculating and creating cost saving strategies, and identifying and removing legal and financial obstacles, ensuring a smoother transaction.
Our goal is to provide buyers with the necessary guidance they need and recognize both problems and opportunities. Whether they are a seasoned M&A professional or a first-time buyer we help navigate the business landscape and point out pitfalls and plums as they appear. The shortest way to achieving a successful closing is by following our advice and experience, as well as embracing the process BBS has developed to assist buyers through what is sometimes a slightly overwhelming and rather terrifying experience. The main steps to buying a business in Canada are as follows,
- Identify the right business to suit each buyer’s interests and capabilities;
- Review and discuss, analyze business information pertaining to the sale;
- Introduce buyer and seller, and visit business operations
- Negotiate the terms of the Purchase Agreement;
- Investigate during the Due Diligence period;
- Close the transaction